The City of Tiffin is looking for a Probation Officer with the following requirements:
- Able to advise and counsel adult probationers
- Assist probationers in carrying out the court’s conditions of probation
- Maintains frequent contact with probationers to enhance positive adjustment and deter further charges
- Reports to the Bailiff
- Carry a caseload
- Prepare reports and recommendations for use by the court in making dispositions of offenders and may appear in court to provide information regarding recommendations
- Plans and monitors supervision programs designed to enable probationers to assume responsibility for their behavior and to comply with conditions of probation.
- Develops and utilizes community resources for probationers. Establishing restitution payment schedules. Providing court ordered drug screening
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Experience preferred
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license
- Skilled in use of standard software applications
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, departments and the general public.
- Must be able to obtain OPOTA firearms certification.
Click here for a job description.
Send to P.O. Box 694, Tiffin, OH 44883: resume with cover letter, salary requirements, and copy of application, which can be found at the link here or on our website tiffinohio.gov. Must be postmarked by March 4, 2019.