The City of Tiffin is looking for an Assistant City Engineer. This individual performs a variety of technical and skilled professional engineering work in the office or the field; does related work as required. Employees in this class perform technical and complex work in engineering, drafting, construction inspections and project administration.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the City Engineer, who makes general assignments and inspects work occasionally to insure that it is conducted according to instructions and is in conformity with engineering principles.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Performs duties of Engineering Technician as required
- Designs and drafts plans and specifications for construction projects
- Makes complex engineering analysis and writes detailed reports
- Does field work, including surveying, leveling, inspections and investigations
- Interprets codes, issues permits and performs general office tasks in the field of engineering
- Coordinates with consulting firms consulting with developers, in the enforcement of codes; performs a wide variety of related tasks.
Desired minimum qualifications
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Considerable experience in paraprofessional engineering work, including some experience at the level of Engineering Technician or its equivalent
- 4 years’ experience at the interim level required for registration as a professional engineer
- Civil engineering degree from an accredited college or university
If you meet these qualifications, fill out an application and send cover letter, with salary requirement, to Director of Human Resources by November 8, 2019. You may email all information listed to email@example.com/fax to (419) 448-5410, or mail to 51 E. Market Street, Tiffin, OH, 44883, to the attention of Director of Human Resources.