Please note: Tax filing deadline has been extended until July 15, 2020.
Per Governor DeWine’s STAY AT HOME order, the City of Tiffin tax office will be closed to the public through May 1, 2020.
Tax returns will be accepted through regular mail, the night drop, fax or email during this time.
Tax staff will still offer tax preparation assistance if you drop your information off to us by one of the means listed above. They will also be available by phone at 419-448-5405 to answer questions.
Please fill out and sign a tax preparation agreement or the top section of a City of Tiffin Income Tax form and include all applicable documents as listed below. All forms are available on our website, at the post office or on a cart outside the office door during business hours. Your return will be prepared by staff and a copy mailed to you. Please note that you MUST list a phone number or email address where you may be contacted with questions.
Returns cannot be processed without the following information:
Name(s) and signature(s) of taxpayer (both required if filing a joint return)
Email address and phone number
Social Security number
- Copies of all W-2’s. Multiple copies may be required if your employer prints your Medicare (box 5) Wages on a different W-2 than city tax withheld. To receive credit for city tax withheld, a W-2 showing each city for which taxes were withheld is required
- Copies of W-2G for gambling income
- Copies of any 1099-Misc
- Copies of any Federal Schedule C if you were self-employed
- Copies of any Federal Schedule E if you had rental property
- Copies of any Federal Schedule F
- Copies of Federal 1040 page 1 and Schedule 1 if applicable
- If you moved in or out of the city, please list the date you moved
- Any other proof of income, credits or expenses not included in the list above
Your return(information) may be submitted to the following:
Mail: City of Tiffin Income Tax Department, P.O. Box 518, Tiffin, OH 44883
You may also put your information in an envelope and drop it into the night depository box in the side of the building .