Fireworks, car show and more event planned
TIFFIN, Ohio – June 7, 2022 – Tiffin’s 4th of July Celebration at Hedges-Boyer Park is being planned as one of the biggest ever, with a car show, fireworks display, lots of activities and a free concert with country musician Darryl Worley. Events start at 9 a.m. with fireworks planned to start around 10 p.m.
In addition to celebrating the nation’s independence, this year’s event also celebrates Tiffin’s bicentennial. The Darryl Worley is sponsored in part through the Tiffin 200 Bicentennial Committee and the City of Tiffin.
Due to larger-than-averaged expected crowds, Hedges-Boyer Park is being closed to vehicles entering or exiting after 7:30 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to park off site and walk to the park for ease of access getting out after the fireworks display.
Schedule of events:
- Check-in opens for the “Cruisin’ Thru the Years” car show at 9:30 a.m., with a “cruise” through the park beginning at 11 a.m. followed by an awards ceremony at 2:30 p.m. The first 50 cars that check-in on July 4 receive a free T-shirt, two lunch vouchers and a goodie bag from Destination Seneca County. Pre-register for the car show by clicking here. The car show is sponsored by Reineke Family Dealerships.
- City pool is open 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Games/outdoor activities 2-6 p.m.
- Bigfoot’s Brother (Jake Heil) plays at the band shell (small stage) from 5-7:30 p.m.
- Park closes to vehicle traffic at 7:30 p.m.
- Darryl Worley takes the main stage starting at 8 p.m.
- Fireworks to start around 10 p.m.
Food vendors will be at the park all day.
City of Tiffin Parks Director Bryce Kuhn is excited for the event and encourages everyone to come out and celebrate. “We’re hoping for a great day, and suggest you get to the park early to take in all the fun that we have planned. Bring your friends and family and celebrate the 4th of July and Tiffin’s 200th birthday!”
Mayor Aaron Montz said, “Thank you to Tiffin Parks and Recreation, Public Works, our Police, Fire and the Seneca County Sheriff’s office for all of the work behind the scenes. I’m looking forward to our biggest 4th of July Celebration ever!”
For more information, visit the Tiffin Park & Recreation Facebook page or website at tiffinparks.com and follow the City of Tiffin Government on social media. Additionally, a new electronic sign has been installed at Hedges-Boyer Park just outside the Swimming Pool, which will list various programs coming up.