In 1938 construction on a new Municipal Building was started for the city and it was decided that the Police Department would also be housed in it. In March of 1940 the Police Department moved into it’s new location. In addition to new quarters the Police Department now had a talking radio on the A.M. band and the call letters were WTOP. This system later was upgraded to F.M. in 1943 with the call letters of KQB 396.